Friday, May 6, 2011

Men Vs Women

My last post didn't really end on a happy note. I just wanted an avenue where I could vent out my frustrations and thoughts.

Anyway things are back to normal and I'm my happy self again. This trip, though I wished it could have been happier, was definitely still an experience. I've also learnt more about hubby and his moods. I guess even though we've been together for a while before marriage, there will still be sides that we do not know of each other and it's through time that those sides be shown to each of us. Some just have their emotions out like an open book whilst others will probably show them only at the 'right' time.

One thing I've come to realize is that I am also at fault as I tend to think or expect romance. As much as I hope to have hubby be like Mel Gibson in the movie "What Women Want", hubby will never be that. I have to remember that he's also not the new age sensitive guy who knows just what's on my mind. So it's me who has to convey to him. I guess sometimes I expect too much from hubby and I get really upset when he falls short of my expectation. But are my expectations reasonable to start with and have I romanticize the whole thing?

I'm always thankful to have friends whom I can sort of share my stuffs with. The conversations may not be full of details but you'll still get the enlightenment you need. There are also times when you kinda know where things go wrong but it takes a friend to point it directly for you to admit it.

Whatever it is, I'm still glad for friends, for family and for hubby. I have another trip with hubby coming up. I'm still thinking where to go and I have less than 1 month to plan the trip out. It'll be a road trip this time and another 2 weeks of time alone 24/7 so it's gonna a test of what I've learnt from my last trip.

Somehow I just have a good feeling about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment